Monday, June 5, 2006

Shannen Doherty stunned by Spelling

Shannen Doherty was stunned and angry to learn that fellow 90210 alum Tori Spelling had made fun of her on NoTORIous, after Spelling had specifically promised she'd never have a negative thing to say. Doherty says, "[Spelling] sent me a tape of the pilot and a very, very, very small note asking me to do the show, promising that she would never say a bad word about me ever, and we used to be best friends, and still care about each other." Doherty said no, and soon afterward an episode aired in which Spelling made fun of her former co-star. Doherty's friends called to tell her. "I was on a self-imposed hiatus. I needed time to myself and I said no. I don't know if it was something taken personally or maybe it was 'If we make fun of her, it will bring in the ratings and the publicity.' It did hurt," Doherty says. "I hope it helped her. If mentioning my name made people write about it, then great. Good for you. I get it. It's a business."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin