Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mandy's music career stall


Mandy Moore says she's frustrated that she hasn't been able to push her music career past her teen image. She even has an entire album written and ready to take into the studio, but that her record label is stalling the project. "I don't know. It's depressing," she explains. "Maybe it will come out this year? Maybe next? I think my label is expecting a poppier, mainstream-type thing from me. It's been so long since I was singing Candy and driving a green Beetle. But I know there's so much of, like, middle America that still thinks of me that way. If you're lucky, people are able to go beyond your image. Justin [Timberlake] is an example. He's creating something that's his own. But I'm not really a celebrity like he is."




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin